The case anti raw frozen pet foods - pets
For some 25 years I have alerted the community to the dangers of exclusively feeding heat processed foods. Companion bodily feeding has progressed - in point of fact digressed - from table scraps and real foods the children could spare to today's "100 % complete" processed foods in primarily kibble form, with some canned and semi-moist also available. The foods arrive on the scene to be exact and improved, but they're far worse for the animals. Not only is nutrient value diminished by heat, but a spectrum of toxins is created. Additionally, the singular feeding of processed food has led to the spurious "100% accomplish and balanced" claim that is both logically and scientifically flawed.
Entrepreneurs have detained upon this in rank to conceive a spate of raw frozen (RF) foods to capture a marketplace niche and to fill the challenge from customers in need a raw another to average heat processed canned, semi-moist and dried pet foods. This bazaar trend, as with most others, may begin with some truth (raw food is the best food) but gets distorted, if not perverted, once financially viable occasion enters the picture. This paper will analyze the rationale of these products, their economics and dangers. A more able and beneficial complementary will be proposed.
1. Destabilized Pets And Amply Fierce Organisms - A raw state and the attendance of wetness in food afford the absolute atmosphere for the advance of pathogenic organisms. Though prey foods in the wild often become rancid and are crowded with microorganisms, carnivores in the wild are immunologically adapted to these organisms and even advantage from the probiotic property of some. On the other hand, domestic pets consumption pure heat processed foods are immunologically compromised and are threatened by mutated and approvingly active pathogenic strains bent by contemporary state of affairs and antibiotic resistance. Freezing at apposite temperatures puts pathogens in a state of arrest but does not eliminate them. Even though all foods be full of some pathogens, if not they are clear (requiring high heat or other events that awfully cheapen the dietary value and conceive toxins), it is the load of these pathogens that must be of alarm to consumers. RF foods are a budding pool and vector of large information of pathogens.
2. Producers With Only Kitchen Expertise - For the reason that of the least know-how essential to bring into being a RF pet food, for all intents and purposes any person anyhow of certificate or expertise can bring a creation to market. All one needs to do is grind and mix ingredients in a kitchen, embalm and put in a freezer. There are no pedals over the situation in the kitchen, the characteristic of the ingredients or the fashion of freezing. All these factors can dramatically change the dietetic value and pathogenic and toxic contented of the food. But being in a frozen state hides these capability dangers and consequently poses a menace to both pets and the humans who alias the foods. John Doe can make a food under nameless setting and with mysterious ingredients, label, package, freeze and bring to regulars or food lacking one definite be in charge of monitoring or impeding the process. Regulators may in the end appraise the label if they crop up to see it in a store (they will never see it if shipped candidly to consumers) and aim to some jargon or the like; but, all John needs to do is alter the label and all will be well. The artifact could control every comportment of ingredient, be laced with bitter pathogens, and catch the aegis of regulators ? and into the marketplace it goes.
3. Raw Frozen Foods Are Not "100% Complete" - Many RF foods make (or imply) the same spurious 100% absolute claim as heat processed foods and thus carry with them the same shape dangers. Feeding any food exclusively, let alone a commonplace packaged food containing who-knows-what from who-knows what manufacturing environment, is a bad alternative if healthiness and shelter are of concern. (See The Truth About Pet Foods by Dr. Wysong).
4. Tribulations Are Overlooked By Producers - RF food pathogens consist of not only bacteria, but fungi, viruses and parasites. Toxins bring in those from molds (mycotoxins), bacteria and those formed by oxidation. In our study of RF food in the barrage of commerce, not one producer addressed these concerns with any technological know-how that we could discern, and most did not even acknowledge the evils potentially lurking in their foods.
5. Freezing Masks Inedibles - Raw meat and organ hankie continues to use ATP (source of energy) until it is exhausted and the bandanna enters a state of rigor. Endogenous enzymatic action surrounded by the bandanna continues to digest the muscle handkerchief (proteolysis), softening it until it becomes tender and develops the average appetizing taste. This deal with is retarded by cold. The freezing of accurately aged meat presents few problems, however, any enduring ATP acquaint with in the handkerchief at some point in freezing will agreement the muscle upon thawing ensuing in a more disgusting product. Mixed RF foods would hide this problem.
6. Free Radical Evils Veiled - Chief fatty acids and other physical condition enhancing lipids are dangerous in the diet. Once foods are ground, mixed, exposed to air, light and pro-oxidants such as heme iron and other metals found in plant and bodily tissue, the limited lipids are tarnished to chain consequence producing free-radicals, causing rancidity and oxidant toxins. Freezing at appropriately low temperatures slows this course but does not stop it. The fever in normal freezers used for RF foods is not indemnity alongside such oxidation. For the reason that the frozen state masks olfactory detection of rancidity, foods that would be or else old end up being consumed. The free-radical pathology budding can then work its constant degenerative disease and immune decay effects.
7. Freezer Burn Indicates A More Acute Conundrum - Air accomplishment the meat apparent is the cause for the freezer burns that conclusion in the characteristic grayish-brown gristly spots. Frozen water on the apparent or just beneath it sublimates (from solid state absolutely to vapor) into the air, causing damp to be lost from the meat over time follow-on in stain and a dry, hard to chew texture. Accurate packaging helps avow attribute and foil freezer burn, but most packaging is porous to air. The commonness of freezer burn in RF foodstuffs speaks to the fact that the artifact is being rusty and with that creating free radical toxins to lay the seeds for a mixture of degenerative diseases.
8. Demonstrate Packaging Causes Free Radicals - Light, as well as air, can promote free radical production. Retail demonstrate packaging that is clear or light porous permits light to catalyze the free radical (disease promoting) process.
9. Frozen Crop Are Not Inert To Degradation - In frozen storage space there is drop in organoleptic characteristic - meat texture, fat revolving coarse and crumbly, and discoloration. Microbial enzymes also keep on active, chiefly lipases that break down fats ever-increasing their leaning to oxidation.
10. Frozen Foods Can Lead To Acidemia - Handkerchief degradation and corrosion under high heat freezing (above 29° F), which occurs along the bring in chain with most RF products, also leads to acidification. Growing acid eating can add to acidemia that lies at the base of close to every ever-present degenerative disease plaguing current pets. (See allusion below. )
11. Hotness And Time Are Decisive - Ice nucleation, as different to ice crystallization, is the basic vector in producing a stable, tasty, frozen product. Freezing is a technically composite course based on the optimum arrangement of fever and time, among other factors. In the wrong processor's hands, slips in appropriate freezing care can lead to a microbiologically unstable artifact and/or a sensory mediocre one. Rapid freezing leads to nucleation, by this means preventing undesirable large ice crystals from forming all over the product. With rapid freezing the molecules don't have time to form positions in the characteristic six-sided snowflake, so nucleation overrides crystallization. On the other hand, slow freezing (the usual RF situation) creates large ice crystals, which on thawing causes cellular destruction to the meat. This in turn causes meat to "drip" - lose lusciousness - and form a accurate liquid average for bacterial growth.
12. The High Risk In Thawing - Thawing is a different crucial phase in the freezing course as it involves a alter from precious stone ice to melted water, which upon reabsorption domino effect in microbial reactivation. Pathogenic bacteria inherently foul raw meat, fish, and hen and will begin to multiply again when the heat reaches just 29. 3ș F - which is below freezing! Thus a effect that may arrive on the scene intuitively frozen could be a authentic incubator of pathogens. When customers effort to thaw RF foods, dangers dramatically increase. The become known high temperature rises long already the interior is adequately thawed to serve. For example, it takes about 15 hours for the central point of a 22-pound dud to get to 32ș F. In the interim the apparent hotness rises to 53ș F. In this sum of time there would be about 4 multiplications of spoilage bacteria as well as non-detectable multiplications of pathogens. The FDA Model Food Code (1999) recommends that food be thawed in the refrigerator or in flowing water. Thawing RF food in the refrigerator can be inefficient and time consuming, in adding to occupying refrigeration space essential for other food items. Most of all, this lengthy formula can lead to the risk of cross-contamination when the drip from the raw meat comes in associate with ready-to-eat food stored in the refrigerator. In the alternative, clients by and large put the RF food out at room temperature, creating the complete event for pathogen proliferation.
13. Invisible Freeze-Thaw Cycles - The transit time of RF food from the central processing unit (or John Doe's kitchen) to the distributor, to the supplies and in due course to the consumer is very critical. Even though freezer approach trucks might putatively argue club creation temperatures, lack of thermocouples fixed in the truck to show high temperature readings, and/or hopeless TTIs (time-temperature indicators) can lead to microbiologically contaminated food not including any able to be seen spoilage signs. If the refrigeration in any part of the bring chain fails briefly and then goes back to frozen (freeze-thaw-freeze), the consumer would never know of this abuse and danger.
14. Bring in Chain Time Dangers - Time is the enemy of nourishment and safety. The longer the time amid the farmer's field and the belly, the superior the aptitude problems. RF foods build the illusion that time is not a factor. Since the frozen state masks toxins and odors, the consumer can be given the depression of value and clarity when, in fact, they may be in receipt of age and toxicity.
15. Microwave Thawing Dangers - If RF foods are thawed in the microwave as a be important of convenience, the value of the food is awfully compromised. Microwaves can close to boil the liquid phase inside cells and electromagnetically alter chief food gears rendering them not only hopeless nutritionally, but toxic as well.
16. Mycotoxins Go Concealed - RF foods, above all those that are a mix of cooked grains (which of avenue negates the claim for "rawness") and vegetables, can control mycotoxins. None of the producers surveyed addressed this problem.
17. Frozen Consequence Mixtures Make No Fitness Sense - In an crack to cover every conceivable base and not miss any chance for profit, many RF producers mix every approach of ingredient. For example, watermelon, grains, persimmons, liver, lamb, etc. Not only would creatures in the wild never eat such a mixed gruel at one sitting, such combinations in the fresh state can cause critical digestive stress. Many of the exotic RF ingredients do not keep well in the fresh frozen state (for example, freeze watermelon alone and see what happens, let alone combining it with meat). Also, the code of fruit sugars with proteins can potentially construct toxins such as glycation end products, acrylamides (particularly in those "RF" foods containing cooked carbohydrates) and consequence goods of proteins with plant tannins, phenols and flavonoids. Producers "throwing the book" at RF formulations in acute attempts to capture market share make evident their motives and their scientific, physical condition and expert naiveté.
18. Lice Are Overlooked - A wide range of bedbugs can be found surrounded by RF foods. Even if there is knowledge in terms of freezing and artless ingredients that can be used to impede this problem, none of the producers examined employed any of it that we could detect.
The best packaging for any food, chiefly RF foods, is light- and oxygen-barrier and bespoke ambiance flushed. In the deficiency of this, rust proceeds rendering the lipids toxic. None of the producers surveyed employed these technologies that we could detect. Even if they did, the other tribulations and dangers scheduled above would remain.
We live in an age of pollution and energy diminishment. RF foods command a tremendous sum of refrigeration and paraphernalia all along the bring in path. Freezing is energy inefficient and consumes constructive energy resources. Since RF foods are 70% water (at least) there are huge assets emaciated in freezing and transporting the tons of this food-contained water all the way through the contribute chain. Along with all the equipment, trucking, freezing and frozen water managing inefficiency comes the pollution that parallels such industry.
In order to make their foods everyplace near affordable, RF producers must exploration the ingredient marketplace for items that can carry the name of real food but may in fact be only a hollow shell of the real thing. Lesser meat and organ ingredients, heat processed grains and vegetable riffraff (for exemplar "broccoli" on a label may actually be broccoli stems - like drinking a arm from an apple tree fairly than the apple) are used since they are of low cost. That is not to say the marketing flyers and labels do not make it arrive on the scene as all the same the brand is not a true epicure meal. If one reviews the a mixture of labels it becomes clear that the race is on to see who can put the fanciest and most exotic ingredients on labels . . . as if that is the road to pet health. (It is not. ) In a brief ingredient appraisal this is what we found:
Every conduct of "pureed" vegetable
The booklover is challenged to go to the store and total up the cost of such ingredients. Some of the organic ingredients can cost over $15 per pound. But the RF diets containing them can retail for as barely as $2-4 per pound. Take away margins for distributors and retail provisions and the producer is promotion them comprehensive for close to a money per pound. Now on top of the cost of ingredients is the production, advertising, packaging, freezing and in some cases a sales force assembly six figures. A touch most emphatically does not add up. The only thing that can be absent is true ingredient quality. But how can the label say these dear ingredients are in the food? All the producer needs to do is put in pinches of the classy ingredients just to say they are there.
The only cost-effective hope for a RF producer is to conceive the perception of "value added. " They easily could not put the costly ingredients in the food to any amount and make a profit for themselves and all the middlemen up and down the chain. The price they would have to allegation would be ridiculous. In effect, in order to be successful, producers must befit accomplished at propaganda, not physical condition and nutrition.
Consumers attracted in bitter all through to the truth do themselves and their pets a assistance by going to the grocery store with a list of the ingredients presumably in a RF diet. Even if some RF diets in the lower price range arrive to not be attempting to mislead, customers be supposed to do the math comparing the exotic ingredients in RF pet foods to the prices for the real thing in the store and come to a decision for themselves whether each value or honesty resides in RF products.
Consumers are under the erroneous belief that a commonplace container mix of ingredients with an bossy label and from a producer posing as a food authorization (none of the producers we examined had ancestors at the helm with expertise or credentials) would be the best choice. A small amount do they achieve that they could avoid effectively all of the caveats planned above by austerely going to the grocer and import fresh meats and produce. Pets do not call for every nutrient in continuation at every meal, as is the dent given by the 100% accomplish RF producers, and for that be important the rest of the pet food industry. Why would associates decide to pay a producer to mix lower ingredients, box up them, label them, freeze them, carrying them, broadcast them and pay the margin for the producer, the distributor, sales force and the merchant when they can avoid all that cost and put their money into real class fresh foods? Some ancestors are so converted that RF manufacturers act some sort of magic that they will pay to have such foods put in exceptional insulated containers packed with dry ice and overnight delivered! This is acutely incredible when one considers that no real convenience - and absolutely no healthiness or food value - is added in the process. The consumer still has to go to the store and buy something.
At the grocer a character can buy fresh, raw, untainted meats and bring into being apposite for pet carnivores at less than $1 per pound. A little out-of-date meats, sale items, additions or other still exceptional goods that cannot be put in the meat case can be even less. True, if you are to buy the ingredients planned above in accurate human grade organic form (as many RF producers boast) the cost could be far greater. But at least you would know what you are getting. RF foods can cost as much as $7 per pound with an be around of about $3-4 per pound (not counting shipping to the customer's door) and most of that cost is going into freezing, carrying and profits by means of a whole chain of participants. Here is a case where a consumer gets to pay more (a whole lot more) and get less (a whole lot less). Isn't marketing a breathtaking thing?
A Develop Alternative
Fresh foods fed in brand are devoid of distrust the absolute form of nutrition. Appropriately considered supplements to help cut the risk of food-borne pathogens and oxidation, and to help compare high meat meals and bestow a spectrum of vegetable-based nutrients and nutraceuticals can also be of great benefit. No matter which less than this is a compromise. The next best different is packaged dried raw foods that have incorporated in them food know-how to get in the way of pathogens, fleas and oxidation. The low water bustle of these foodstuffs is a great inhibitor of pathogens and the low level of wetness make storage space and shipping competent and environmentally friendly. Good attribute table scraps and accurately considered dried extruded and canned foods can be mixed into the diet rotation with charity performance as well.
Consumers must learn the ideology of fresh foods fed in array and to trust in nature. Every pet owner requests the best for a beloved pet, and is acceptable in accepted wisdom food is an chief amount in achieving that goal. But it is flawed to consider that a further character can do more for their pet's fitness than they can do themselves. All that is compulsory is a barely agreement and use of customary sense.
[ NOTE: To that end, the Wysong Institute makes accessible a free e-Health Letter, a free one-hour CD entitled, "The Assessment Person's Master Key To Health," good for you consequence alternatives considered cleverly with physical condition as the amount one objective, and books and recipes for any person in need to take check of their own and their family's and pet's health. See www. wysonginstitute. org ]
Cano-Muńoz, G. (1991). Guidebook on meat cold store act and management. FAO Bodily Assembly And Shape Paper 92. Food and Cultivation Club of The United Nations, Rome.
FDA Food Code (1999). U. S. Civic Physical condition Service, U. S. Dept. of Shape and Human Services. Pub. No. PB99-115925. Washington, D. C. 20250
Food Wellbeing and Inspection Assistance (2004). FOCUS ON: Freezing. U. S. Dept. of Agriculture. Washington, D. C. 20250
Klose, A. A. , Lineweaver, H. , and Palmer, H. H. (1968). Thawing turkeys at ambient air temperature. Food Tech. 22:1310-1314.
Muldrew, K. and McGann, L. E. (1999). Cryobiology - A Short Course. http://www. ucalgary. ca/~kmuldrew/cryo_course/cryo_chap13_1. html
Snyder, O. P. (1999). Thawing At Ambient High temperature On The Counter. Generosity Institute of Equipment and Management, St. Paul, MN.
Wysong, R. L. (2004). Diet is a Critical Healthiness Matter: The acute conscientiousness of manufacturing and selling. Wysong Institute, Midland, MI.
Wysong, R. L. (1990). Lipid Nutrition: Accord Fats and Oils in Healthiness and Disease. Midland, MI: Examination Press.
Wysong R. L. (1993). Rationale for Bodily Nutrition. Midland, MI: Examination Press.
Wysong, R. L. (2000-2005). Wysong e-Health Letter. Wysong Institute, Midland, MI. For subscriptions: http://www. wysong. net/subscribehl. shtml, and archived at http://www. wysong. net/archivesehl. shtml
Wysong, R. L. (2002). The Truth About Pet Foods. Midland, MI: Inquest Press.
Wysong, R. L. (2003, January 14). What to do to back and check acidemia. The Wysong e-Health Letter. http://www. wysong. net/health/post_101_011403. shtml Wysong Institute, Midland, MI.
Wysong, R. L. (2004). The Belief Person's Master Key to Fitness (60 Diminutive CD Discussion). Wysong Institute, Midland, MI.
Dr. Wysong is a earlier veterinary clinician and surgeon, school coach in human anatomy, physiology and the derivation of life, inventor of many medical, surgical, nutritional, energetic and ability foodstuffs and devices, do research executive for the acquaint with band by his name and come to grief of the altruistic Wysong Institute. He is cause of The Creation-Evolution Controversy now in its eleventh printing, a new two capacity set on thinking for living, a number of books on nutrition, prevention and physical condition for ancestors and animals and over 15 years of monthly shape newsletters. He may be contacted at Wysong@Wysong. net and a free subscription to his e-Health Correspondence is accessible at http://www. wysong. net
This couple has 7 Instagram-famous pets CNN
Anaheim, California (CNN Business) Nala the cat, a Siamese and tabby mix, is slightly cross-eyed with gray and white fur. She likes being petted but isn't a fan ...
Shelter Tails: Protect your pets from summer hazards Times Herald-Record
The heat is on, so let's all make sure our pets stay safe this summer. Dangers lurk everywhere, from our garages to our cars, to the backyard to that scrumptious ...
New Jersey pizzeria launches missing pets initiative New York Post
Angelo's Pizza announced they're placing flyers of missing furry friends on pizza boxes in an attempt to reunite the pets with their owners.
ARL declares Code Red, urges owners to mind pets amid heat wave Reading Eagle
Make sure animals have constant access to water and shade and do not let them exercise too much. Report animals in distress.
Arlington Pets of the Week: Abby and Callie ARLnow
(Updated at 3:50 p.m.) This week, ARLnow is doing something different with our Pet of the Week selections by featuring the companions of those whose homes ...
Pets Calendar - News - recordonline.com - Middletown, NY Times Herald-Record
Low-cost vaccine clinic: 10 a.m.-1:45 p.m. July 18 and 25, TARA Clinic, 60 Enterprise Place, Middletown. For previously spayed/neutered cats and dogs only.
Coyote enters house through doggie door, killing pet in 'unprecedented' attack - Los Angeles Times - Los Angeles Times
Coyote enters house through doggie door, killing pet in 'unprecedented' attack - Los Angeles Times Los Angeles Times
Buena Park officials are warning residents to be prepared for coyote encounters after a bold predator recently entered a home through a doggie door and ...
Helping bring lost pets home | News The Herald Argus
MICHIGAN CITY â It's no more painful than an injection, and will significantly improve your pet's chance of being recovered if he or she is ever lost.
Meet the 12-Year-Old CEO Who Helps Shelter Pets Get Adopted Using Bow Ties Inside Edition
Shelter pets all over New Jersey have a pop of style, thanks to one little accessory: a bow tie. Beaux & Paws is the brainchild of 12-year-old Darius Brown, who is ...
How to keep pets safe in extreme heat WTOP
It's already been a busy summer season for the animal advocates at the Humane Rescue Alliance â and many of the calls are heat-related.
The CBD Industry Is Betting That Pets Need to Chill, Too Bloomberg
Forecasters estimate that almost 10% of CBD could soon end up in products for your furry friends.
Like Humans, Pets Can Become Resistant to Antibiotics NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
You've probably heard about antibiotic resistance in humans, but what about pets? It turns out some veterinarians and scientists are very concerned about it.
Learn how to keep your pets safe in extreme heat on Facebook Live video at 11 a.m., plus meet adoptable dogs - cleveland.com
Learn how to keep your pets safe in extreme heat on Facebook Live video at 11 a.m., plus meet adoptable dogs cleveland.com
Reporter Hannah Drown is heading to the APL for a live video on pet safety tips in extreme heat.
Dangerous heat puts pets at risk too WAVY.com
From streets to sidewalks, hot sand and even hot cars, our four-legged friends can easily get hurt.
KMOT Pets of the Week KFYR-TV
Each week, we feature adoptable pets from the Souris Valley Animal Shelter.
Hays Co. working to reunite lost pets with owners KXAN.com
If you lose a pet in Hays County, know that the Hays County Sheriff's Office is on the case.
Routt County adoptable pets: Charcoal the kitten and Kida the dog Steamboat Pilot & Today
Charcoal is a shy, sweet 2-month-old and 2.3-pound kitten looking for a patient home to help her blossom and gain more confidence. She looks forward to ...
KC Pet Project expects to take in overheated pets KMBC Kansas City
With kennels close to capacity, the intense heat threatens to bring even more dogs here to KC Pet Project.
Homeless Assistance: Nonprofit helping pets in the heat News3LV
Thousands live on the streets in Las Vegas, many with a pet. With the extreme heat, their paws are at risk. That's where the non-profit Urban Underdogs comes ...
Louisiana Shelter Pets Evacuated from Tropical Storm Barry's Path PEOPLE.com
All of the animals flown out of Louisiana, are now looking for forever homes in the Washington D.C. area.
Animal Control advises pets to be left at home on hot days KYMA
As much as we love taking our furry friends everywhere we go, Yuma's animal control is reminding pet owners to leave their pets at home if they're going to be ...
Bexley puts strict rules in place to protect pets from extreme temperatures 10TV
Bexley is cracking down on dog owners, making laws more strict when it comes to extreme temperatures.
St. Tammany firefighters rescue cat in blaze that killed 2 other pets WGNO New Orleans
SLIDELL - Firefighters were able to rescue a cat from a house fire in Slidell, but another cat and a pet rabbit weren't so lucky. The fire began in a bedroom of a ...
Petcubeâs Bites 2 and Play 2 amuse pets and humans alike with Alexa built-in TechCrunch
Petcube's original Bites smart treat dispenser and Play pet camera with a built-in laser pointer were great for pet parents who couldn't always be around to hang ...
Pets allowed: Best Friends Animal Society to open pet-friendly hotel in support of mission - St George News
Pets allowed: Best Friends Animal Society to open pet-friendly hotel in support of mission St George News
KANAB â The Best Friends Animal Society in Kanab is preparing to open the Best Friends Roadhouse and Mercantile, offering a âpet-centricâ experience for ...
Weather 101: Keeping Pets Safe During North Texas Heatwaves CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
It's important to know how to keep your pets cool and safe during the sweltering North Texas weather in the summer. 11 hours ago ...
NJ pets in need: July 15, 2019 NJ.com
Cold Nose Warm Heart NJ, NJ South Hills Pet Rescue, Second Chance Pet Adoption League, Wise Animal Rescue and Eleventh Hour Rescue will team up for ...
Humane Society: Keep an eye on pets outside in the heat or face citation WOWT
The Nebraska Human Society warns the community to keep your animals safe from the excessive heat during these next months or face a citation.
So Many Popular Pet Products Are on Major Sale for Amazon Prime Day PEOPLE.com
Amazon has tons pet accessories on sale for Prime Day 2019, including deals on Whistle, BarkBox, Furbo, dog DNA test kits, cat and dog food, and more.
Pat's Prized Pets Challenge NBC4 Washington
The D.C. area is full of pets, and many of them have special talents. News4's Pat Collins is hosting the Pat's Prized Pets Challenge, which viewers like you can ...
HPD warns about dangers of leaving children, pets in hot cars KXLH Helena News
HELENA â The Helena Police Department (HPD) is kicking off its first âTip-of-the-Monthâ this July with warnings on the health hazards and dangers of leaving ...
ASPCA Offers Tips To Keep Your Pet Safe As Dangerous Heat Moves Into Our Area CBS Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) â With the summer heat cranking up, the ASPCA is reminding pet parents and animal lovers how to keep pets safe and healthy during ...
The Most Dog-Friendly Road Trips in America - Best Trips for Pets HouseBeautiful.com
Planning a vacation with your furry family this summer? You're not alone: More than 77 percent of U.S. travelers plan to take their pets along on a car trip this ...
Can pets eat vegan? Definitely maybe, says Dr. Ernie Ward dvm360
As more and more Americans shift to a plant-based diet and feed their families less meat, some of them are bringing up the big question in the veterinary exam ...
New Jersey pizzeria puts missing pets flyers on pizza boxes WPVI-TV
A New Jersey pizzeria is putting flyers of missing pets on pizza boxes in an effort to reunite owners with their animals.
Summer heat affects pets as much as humans - The Troy Messenger Troy Messenger
As the heat index scale continues to increase across the nation, citizens are asked to be aware of the health risks for themselves and their four-legged friends.
Hot rods and ribs pulling for the pets in Vallejo Vallejo Times Herald
Hot rods, barbecue, yachts, new vintage fashion, live music and an auction will all benefit the animals at the Human Society of the North Bay in Vallejo. The 8th ...
Heat wave: How to keep yourself, your family, your pets and your house safe and comfortable - PennLive
Heat wave: How to keep yourself, your family, your pets and your house safe and comfortable PennLive
A heat wave is creeping across the U.S., where millions are likely to see temperatures in the high 90s and even low 100s this weekend. In central Pennsylvania ...
5 pets that need a home Virginian-Pilot
Lewis, a 1-year-old cattle dog mix, is among the pets up for adoption.
Area pets available for adoption (PHOTOS), July 17, 2019 OregonLive
Meet Sasha, a senior German shepherd mix who is looking for a kind, gentle family and an easygoing home to spend her retirement years. Sasha the ...
Packed area animal shelters desperate for people to foster pets NEWS10 ABC
The time from Spring to Fall is best known at area animal shelters as "Baby Season."
Another coyote spotted: âKeep your pets indoors,â cops tell residents Sun Sentinel
The latest South Florida coyote sighting happened in El Portal, a small Miami-Dade city near Miami Shores where police warned people to keep their pets ...
AAA Warning Drivers Of Child, Pet Heat-Related Deaths As Temperatures Soar CBS Philly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) â Experts are warning motorists to be cautious when traveling with children and pets as an excessive heat warning is in effect for most of ...
Ocean County is getting a Pet Disaster Relief trailer for emergencies wobm.com
AKC Reunite, a non-profit pet identification and recovery *service* provider, is equipping Ocean County with an AKC Pet Disaster Relief trailer that will be ...
Town of Jamestown addresses issues with pigs in town. Pets or Not? Yes! Weekly
In anticipation of a large turnout at the July 9 Planning Board meeting, the meeting was moved to the Civic Center, where most of the seats were filled.
Owners of record-holding Farmington Hills felines sue over pets' deaths The Detroit News
Farmington Hills â The owners of two Guinness World Records-holding cats are suing a massage chair maker, alleging one of its products caused a fire that ...
Family-owned All Star Grooming gives pets a new look Detroit Lakes Online
Dogs can get their hair, or fur, dyed too. Or at least they can at All Star Grooming by Sherri and Corri Ullrich. This is a specialty that the mother and daughter pair ...
Pet leasing is real and can catch owners by surprise. New Jersey lawmakers want to ban it. - The Philadelphia Inquirer
Pet leasing is real and can catch owners by surprise. New Jersey lawmakers want to ban it. The Philadelphia Inquirer
Consumers claim they are duped into signing lease agreements for pets that cost much more than the sticker price of the dog or cat.
Keeping pets safe in the heat of summer Channel3000.com - WISC-TV3
With high temperatures forecast for this week, the Dane County Humane Society is reminding pet owners to keep their furry friends safe from the heat.
Pizza Boxes Helping To Find Lost Pets CBS New York
Angelo's Pizzeria in Matawan has been in business for 45 years.They recently changed up their policy: From now on, they're going to be posting flyers on their ...
Adoptable pets of the week at Animal Harbor in July 18, 2019 edition Winchester Herald Chronicle
Animal Harbor has a number of adoptable pets just waiting for their forever home. This week, Animal Harbor is spotlighting adorable Yogi Bear and pretty Carina ...
Pet furniture has come a long way from teal carpeted cat towers and lumpy plaid dog beds - The Union Leader
Pet furniture has come a long way from teal carpeted cat towers and lumpy plaid dog beds The Union Leader
For discerning pet owners who treat their cats and dogs like family â in some cases better than family â designers are creating stylish, even glamorous, ...
San Antonio Pets Alive! seeks donations for treating puppies with parvovirus FOX 29
San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA! ) needs your help providing lifesaving medical care to puppies suffering from canine parvovirus (parvo). Parvo is a deadly virus ...
Kibus is like a Keurig for your pet TechCrunch
In a pitch during a recent meeting at Brinc's Hong Kong headquarters, the Barcelona-based team behind Kibus Petcare was quick to point out that most ...
Pet preparedness: How to keep your cat safe during a disaster or emergency KGO-TV
Disasters can happen without warning, and in many cases, you may need to evacuate your home. These safety tips will help you prepare for an emergency and ...
How to Enter Pat's Prized Pets Challenge NBC4 Washington
Starting Monday, July 15, NBC4 viewers in the D.C. area can show off their furry friends in Pat's Prized Pets challenge for a chance to win the Pat's Prized Pet ...
Rockford Police warn: Donât leave kids and pets in hot cars! MyStateline.com
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) â As temperatures in the Rockford area are set to rise to dangerous levels, Rockford Police issue a reminder so parents don't forget to ...
Nashville Predators Pets: The offseason is going to the dogs On The Forecheck
It's the middle of July, offseason *content* is getting ruff and I'm in a hairy situationâyou're right, these are all terrible dog puns, but heel... I mean, stick with me, ...
Animal shelter warns citizens to ânever leave pets in hot carsâ WTVR CBS 6 News
As summer temperatures continue to rise, it is important to remember that you should never leave your pet in your vehicle, even if the windows are not rolled up.
Mobile pet clinic treats pets of those experiencing homelessness Real Change News
Dr. Hanna Ekstrom recently set out to âserve the under-servedâ â and their four-legged friends, who serve them in so many ways. Ekstrom parked her mobile vet ...
Watch these adorable kids, pets bring emojis to life KOCO Oklahoma City
It's World Emoji Day! We can't help but see the resemblance between these cuties and some of your favorite emojis. See if you can guess which emoji they are ...
Pleasantons Workday Founder Gifts $1.5M To Help Save Pets Pleasanton, CA Patch
Pleasanton's Workday Founder Gifts $1.5M To Pets - Pleasanton, CA - Dave Duffield and his wife, Cheryl, have given Best Friends Animal Society a $1.5 million ...
Veterinarians warning pet owners of dangers surrounding salt lamps WESTERNMASSNEWS.com
SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- Salt lamps have grown in popularity, with many believing they help create healthy environments.
PETS REMEMBERED, HONORED | News, Sports, Jobs The Review
Pictured: Marty and Carol Kosut and their pet Coco listen as Pastor Bob Macek speaks at the pet blessing and memorial held at Tomlinson Run Park Saturday.
Morgantown's 'Feline Frenzy' a reminder to get pets fixed WDTV
See - there's a reported feline frenzy ... residents here telling 5 News when the cats come out -- they come out en masse.
Know the signs: Heat exhaustion in pets WILX-TV
Pet owners need to be on high alert for signs of heat exhaustion in their pets during hot days.
This Is The Best First Pet For You & Your Partner, Based On Your Zodiac Signs Bustle
Meeting someone, falling in love, moving in together, and becoming pet parents. It's the modern day love story. If you're ready to take the plunge, then it's worth ...
The best steps to take when your pet goes missing Canton Repository
Katie Wilds remembers the fear and heartbreak she felt when her dog went missing. Spirit, who has since passed away, wanted to visit Wilds' brother. She twice ...
Marion County Pets: Kansas, Jethro & Troy WCJB
MARION COUNTY, Fla. (WCJB)-- It's the dog-days of summer and Marion County Animal Services is overflowing with canines. Grow your family and help a ...
Around The Towns: Oxygen Masks For Pets, Measles Protection For Campers Daily Voice Plus
Pet owners in a sixth Westchester community can breathe a little easier now that local first responders have a special tool to help save family pets in home fires ...
Consumer Reports: Investigating antibiotics for pets KATU
You've probably heard about antibiotic resistance in humans, but what about pets? It turns out some veterinarians and scientists are very concerned about it.
Dog owners warned by FDA over feeding pets human food due to deadly sweetener WPLG Local 10
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a warning to dog owners about feeding their pets human food that could be deadly.
Amherst Township couple ordered not to own pets in Lorain dog case The Morning Journal
The Amherst Township couple who kept 21 dogs in horrible, inhumane conditions will never be allowed to own a companion animal of any kind again.
Cities debate trapping, euthanizing coyotes as more residents recount killing of pets, stalking - The San Gabriel Valley Tribune
Cities debate trapping, euthanizing coyotes as more residents recount killing of pets, stalking The San Gabriel Valley Tribune
Cities across the San Gabriel Valley are considering adopting a regional coyote management plan that moves away from trapping and euthanizing coyotes, ...
Earthquake preparedness tips â for your pets: How to keep them safe - Los Angeles Times - Los Angeles Times
Earthquake preparedness tips â for your pets: How to keep them safe - Los Angeles Times Los Angeles Times
Are you and your pet prepared for earthquakes or other emergency evacuations? If you aren't prepared, your animal companions aren't prepared. We turned to ...
Experts have tips for pet owners after a coyote reportedly snuck through a Buena Park doggie door and killed the family pet. - KABC
Experts have tips for pet owners after a coyote reportedly snuck through a Buena Park doggie door and killed the family pet. KABC
By Kevin Tripp, KABC. Coyotes are just about everywhere in Southern California. Expert Rob Erickson says, rule number one is don't assume your pets can ...
Pet of the Week - Lamb News8000.com - WKBT
Lamb is a typical 8 week old female kitten who has lots of energy and loves to chase toys around all day! After playing all day, Lamb likes to curl up and snuggle!
Adoptable pets from Arizona Humane Society and Maricopa County Animal Care (7/16/19) - ABC15 Arizona
Adoptable pets from Arizona Humane Society and Maricopa County Animal Care (7/16/19) ABC15 Arizona
Want to save the life of a shelter pet and bring a new best friend into your home? There are hundreds of adoptable cats and dogs awaiting a new home. Here are ...
'The Secret Life of Pets' to be aired at Canal Park cleveland.com
The Akron RubberDucks will screen 'The Secret Life of Pets' at Canal Park. Here's the details.
Are fresh food services good options for pets? KCTV Kansas City
For so many of people, their pets are their family members. For many pet owners, this means getting the best possible items for their furry friends, including *fresh* ...
How The Full Moon Can Affect Your Pet Cole & Marmalade
Since ancient times, many have reported bizarre behaviors when the moon is at its fullest. These are intense and unexplained effects during the full moon each ...
Coyote Spotted In NE Miami-Dade; Police Urge Residents To Keep Pets Indoors CBS Miami
MIAMI (CBSMiami) â El Portal police are urging residents to be aware of coyotes in the area. Authorities are telling residents to keep pets indoors for their safety.
The very best Prime Day deals for pet owners USA TODAY
Spend less on stuff for your furry friends during Amazon's big sale, including savings on Outward Hound, Greenies, Sherpa, Furbo camera, Embark DNA test, ...
Tucson man injured while trying to save pets from fire KVOA Tucson News
Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. Click here to visit our frequently asked questions about HTML5 video.
Pet of the Week KGBT-TV
If you're looking for a pet, look no further! The Harlingen Humane Society has all kinds of cute animals looking for a new home. Jason Gonzalez has today's pet ...
Firefighters want to keep your pets safe from fires, too Toledo Blade
July 15 is National Pet Fire Safety day and local firefighters want you to know how to prevent a tragedy from happening. The Toledo Fire and Rescue ...
Animal Control and local veterinarian warn pet owners about hot car dangers KY3
A local veterinarian and the Springfield-Greene County Health Department's Animal Control team warn pet owners about the different risks associated with this ...
Do our pets ever really love us â or do they just stick around for the food? The Guardian
We dote on our cats and dogs, but is it a one-way relationship? Here's what science tells us about how to decode their emotions, whether they are avoiding us or ...
Breaking Up with Dr. Search EngineâA Better Way to Triage Pet Health Concerns Fast Company
It's 10 p.m. You walk into the kitchen and notice your plate of brownies is a few short. You look around to find a pair of guilty puppy eyes staring back at you.
'Bear Hugs to the Rescue' benefits pets at Partners With Paws of Lorain County Cleveland 19 News
Bear Hugs to the Rescue aims to raise the spirits of people going through hard times.
Fox Finder Pet Finder FOX Finders Pet Finder - Meet Cooper FOX 47 News 3:01 PM WSYM-TV
Today on Pet Finder, meet Cooper, a six year old mixed breed that is looking for a home where he can cuddle up and just be loved. He has some pain in his ...
County to visit Enumclaw, ensuring pets are licensed Enumclaw Courier-Herald
King County staff will soon be visiting Enumclaw neighborhoods, touting the benefits of pet licensing while also ensuring that household pets are property ...
Move over humans, this startup is making facial recognition for pets Abacus
If you're a dog lover, you probably don't need convincing that your furry friend is like no other. But just how exactly can you tell two pups apart? AI startup Megvii ...
Treat your pets with these great Amazon Prime Day deals! Android Central
Your cat or dog is an important part of the family. That's why they also deserve something nice when it comes to Prime Day. Here are some of the best deals ...
Good reminders for protecting your pets in extreme heat 13abc Action News
PERRYSBURG (WTVG) - As we deal with more heat and humidity, there are some simple things you can do to keep your pets safe. A lot of this information may ...
Exotic pets are a major driver of invasive species National Geographic
Releasing exotic animals into the wild is cruel and dangerousâfor the pet and for native animals.
Hurricane Barry: More than 120 dogs and pets rescued from storm's path in Louisiana CBS News
The Humane Society of the United States flew more than 120 dogs and cats to safety before Barry made landfall in Louisiana on Saturday. The nonprofit said all ...
What to do if you see a pet in a hot car WSAW
WAUSAU, Wis. (WSAW) -- Your furry friends will need some extra attention in this heat. "When these temperatures are going to be 80s and above make sure you ...
Photos: Shelter pets pose across LA County at first-ever âSeen = Savedâ photo event - LA Daily News
Photos: Shelter pets pose across LA County at first-ever âSeen = Savedâ photo event LA Daily News
Lights. Camera. Paws! Seven Los Angeles County Animal Care Centers â including the Agoura Animal Care Center â put dogs, cats, rabbits and other critters ...
Action News Troubleshooters: A warning about pet leasing agreements WPVI-TV
We're all familiar with lease options when it comes to cars, apartments, and even cell phones. But some consumers are ending up in agreements for pet leasing.
Stop Cat Scratching Today!
Your new existing room furniture is in tatters. Your nerves are frayed.
How I Get More Exercise Done On My Domestic animals In 1/2 The Time
Here's a down-to-earth way..
Dog Exercise Book - Why Buy One? When The lot is Free Online!
I'm a dog lover who believes that every dog owners must train their dogs if they truly love and care for them. Since I deem that dog exercise gives dogs a happier and improved life.
Canine Consultation and Body Language
A duo of years ago a Japanese electronics circle came up with a Gizmo which they claimed could change dogs barks, yips and whines into human language, in that way allowing us to appreciate "Doggie" speak for the first time. I was on a radio course recently, discussing the virtues and usefulness of a new dog collar that was also a cellular phone phone.
Crate Education Dogs: The Right Way and the Wrong Way - Part Two
Part2: Does your puppy want to be crate trained?Yes! in fact, he does. Your puppy or dog will soon see his crate as a place of security, IF it's approached correctly.
How to develop into Top Dog - A Dog Owners Guide to Sanity
Peeing on the carpet, knocking you down, or stealing dinner off the counteract are all signs that your dog doesn't admiration your rules. In other words, you are not the Alpha Dog.
How do you build a goldfish pond outdoors?The tools you will need are a shovel, pond liner and underlayment, a long adequate rope, coping sand and decorations, plants, a pump (you will need a pump to run a filter, fountain, or falls and it will keep the water circulating and the plants healthy), a filter coordination and some co-op acquaintances or ancestors members. Now you can get started.
Pet Owners Are The Best part Populace In The U.S.
According to current statistics, an astonishing 65% of all U.S.
Author of Keep Fleas OffStill using all the chemicals you can find to combat those fleas? Have you done the whole lot exterior of difficult to shoot the fleas off the dog? You are not alone, there are an estimated more than 50 million households with pets, and yes, most are not just fighting the war anti these pesky parasites, they are behind the war. Most associates do not accomplish just how devastating the losses are.
Bast, The Beloved Defender of Cats
She is the armament of cats, women and children. The antique Egyptians celebrated her feastday on October 31 with cordial merry making, music, dancing in the streets and drinking with acquaintances - the sort of celebration we would recognise instantly.
The ABCs of Beaks
Beaks, Bills, Face Knives, Beakers - anything we want to call them, they are an basic part of our Hookbills! So, let's break the beak down into some understandable lessons:A. Anatomy - What is a beak? It is not "dead" material, like hair or fingernails - rather, it is a breathing organ, the tip of which contains a bundle of easily hurt nerves.
The Another Breeds Of Dogs
The American Kennel Club recognizes 150 atypical dog breeds. There are seven another groups in which the dog can belong.
Dog Move - Compelling a Break with Your Dog
Like most dog owners, you in all probability take your dog with you on weekend excursions and trips to the country. When it comes time to take a longer vacation, however, we constantly face the dilemma of what to do with Fido.
Do You Know About Boxer Dogs?
Boxer Dogs In a row - What Are Boxer Dogs? Boxer dogs are great all about dog breeds, distinguished canine and the coolest, most amiable dog out there! Boxer Dogs are medium-built and biting breed that are so named since of its habit of eminence on the hind legs to begin a fight and boxing with the front paws. By nature, Boxer dogs are functioning dogs.
Those Amazing Dog Noses -- Fun Facts About A Cold A small amount Organ
If you attention dog noses were just a basis of smeary prints on your windows, think again!========How Nose Prints save dog's lives======Nose prints are used to associate dogs in the same way identify prints are used to classify human beings. Breeders and trainers keep a dog's nose prints on file as part of its eternal best ever and cover companies now compel them at whatever time a dog is to be bonded.
Proper Diet For the Discus Fish
The Discus fish has its home in the South American waters of Brazil and Peru. Discus fish are classified as "grazers", and in the wild constantly hunt for food.
Worms in Your Dog... Gross!
Of all the fleas a dog can catch, worms take home first prize for Most Disgusting. No one wants to dream diminutive worms crawling about in their dog's digestive system, but it's a equitably customary illness that's certainly agreed from dog to dog.
Pet Identification Tags And The Internet
The furthermost fear of most pet owners is that there is a accidental the breed pet will get lost, and not be returned. But many of these same pet owners fail to take the crucial precautions looked-for to safeguard their pets.
Vet Check - Well-Bird Check Up
I know there are differing opinions on the area of interest of well-bird check ups. Some ancestors deem in having your according to the grapevine good for you parrot checkered out once a year by a authorized avian vet, while others claim that charming a shape bird into a vet agency exposes them to "germies" they might not if not be exposed to.
The Joy Of Having Puppies!
One of the furthermost thrills for a barely boy or girl is having new puppies in the home. Puppies, dogs and having a puppy bring a sense of well being and comfort to citizens of all ages, whether young or old.
|home | site map|
|goldenarticles.net © 2019|